We know that many of us long to be together in person, to share fellowship and worship in our sanctuary, but we are also keenly aware of our responsibility to the health of our members and our community. Accordingly, the Board leadership has decided:
1. In-person worship, will be suspended until at least two weeks after Governor Cuomo lifts restrictions on gatherings of 50+ people. Even then, we will not resume in-person worship unless we are able to ensure safe worship practices and have the technology in place to live-stream from the church.
2. Church services will be streamed live through Zoom on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am. The service will include prayer concerns, biblical readings, music, and a reflection. Anyone is welcome to attend the live service and can email the church office at email@example.com to obtain the link or instructions on how to join using a landline phone.
3. Recordings of the service, a weekly sermon, and a weekly Bible story for the children will be posted by noon on Sundays to our Youtube channel and our Facebook page. Links to all of these services can also be found on this page of our website.
4. We have set up an online forum site for members to share prayer concerns, needs, and updates, and talk with one another. This is by invitation only to ensure privacy of members so if you wish to join, email Rev. DeMott at RevDeMott@gmail.com
5. Book groups, boards, and youth group will meet using the Zoom app.
6. For those who are unable use online material, we will mail out a printed version of the prayer concerns, news, and the sermon of the week. Call the church office at (607)587-9288 to be put on this mailing list.
7. Our secretary, Lana Meissner will be in the office during her normal office hours — Wednesday and Thursday 1-4 — and Laurie will be available by phone or Zoom by appointment.
8. We encourage you to mail your pledges and offerings to the Church Center.
9. We ask people to continue to write letters for our Lenten project to obtain justice on behalf of Ding Jiaxi. Click here to go to the page we have dedicated to his situation with information on letter writing and other actions you can take.
Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness …
Worshiping at 10:30 am on Sunday mornings at 8 Church St. in the village of Alfred, NY, we are a community church for people of all denominations. Our members are committed to listening to one another’s ideas and faith experiences, our children and youth are cherished and integrated into the total life of the church, and service to the community and world is a foundation of our ministry. We welcome people of all races, sexual orientation, gender identity, and background into the full life of our church as we fully embrace the belief that every person is made in the image of God.
Children and youth attend the first part of worship and then are invited to participate in Sunday School until 11:30 am. Nursery care is available for infants and pre-schoolers. There is also a Parent’s Room with a window to the sanctuary where parents can take their children to play or nap while they listen to the service.
In view of our diverse religious backgrounds, we alternate monthly between pew and chalice communion, and offer families the choice between dedication or baptism for infants, and baptism by immersion or confirmation for youth.
Our services and structure are congregational in style. The diverse religious backgrounds of our multi-denominational membership foster an openness is exchange of ideas and faith experiences that contribute to our growth together as a community and in our individual call to serve Christ in our lives. Meaningful sermons challenge us to live the way God wants us to live.
Union University Church Sample Worship Bulletin
Please contact us with questions: